Free Yoga Therapy Sessions ~ September to December 2017
Practicum FULL ~ Thank you!
As you may know my journey has been the study of Yoga and healing the nervous system through Restorative Therapeutics and other healing modalities. It has been my experience, and that of many other healing arts professionals, that the nervous system is the foundation to the wellbeing of all our systems ~ endocrine, lymphatic, cardiovascular, hormone, circulatory, digestive, immune, muscular-skeletal as well as emotional and psychological imbalances. They all work together as a team and this natural intelligence of the body-mind is truly impressive and fascinating.
I feel many of our body-mind system imbalances reside deeply rooted in the sympathetic nervous system where we tend to be in chronic high fight/flight which is our active state as well as in freeze state which is where trauma can be locked into the body. Trauma such as car accidents, surgeries, diseases, childhood traumatic experiences, witnessing traumatic events, deep grief, physical, emotional, psychological and sexual traumas. Yoga Therapy assists in the healing and restoration of all of these body-mind systems and through various yogic practices we are able to access the Parasympathetic Nervous System (PNS) where profound healing of all of our body-mind systems is possible. Our PNS is our natural state of being where we can access rest, digest and restore all of our systems and where the gold, the alchemy, resides which allows us to heal our body-mind and return us to a deeper place of peace, wellbeing, freedom and wholeness.
I am in the midst of delving deeper into the healing power of Yoga Therapy through a two-year Diploma Program based in the Krishnamacharya lineage with Yoga Therapy International. YTI is a local Vancouver Yoga Therapy School with a faculty of initiated teachers who are professionals in their fields of wellbeing between Vancouver and Chennai India. This is an exciting time to be a Yoga Therapist as we are seeing more Integrative Medicine collaborations with Naturopathic Doctors, Doctors of Chinese Medicine, Counselling Therapists, Psychologists, Chiropractors, Massage Therapist and Physiotherapists as well as many Western Medicine Doctors and Practitioners all working together for the wellbeing of the clients body-mind wholeness.
I am offering free Yoga Therapy Sessions as part of my practicum requirements beginning September 13th. These classes will be held in my private yoga studio space in Edgemont Village North Vancouver.
You will receive 40 Hours of Free Yoga Therapy classes and each class is 90 minutes in length. I am accepting 5 students, as this is a practicum of small group yoga therapy. Next spring I will be offering Private Yoga Therapy Practicum sessions, which the group yoga therapy participants will have an opportunity to sign up first.
What is Yoga Therapy?
Yoga Therapy helps alleviate symptoms and manage living with chronic conditions with a whole-person approach to healing. Yoga Therapy practices aim to create positive causes and conditions that allow your body-breath-mind to heal itself. As such, a Yoga Therapist facilitates healing for the following conditions ~
- Common aches and pains: feet, ankles, knees, hamstrings, hips, lower back, hands, wrists, neck, shoulders and sciatica.
- Tight muscles, fascia, nerves or hyperextension
- Misalignments: Kyphosis (hunch back/rounded shoulders), lordosis (sway back) and asymmetries in hips, pronated feet and scoliosis
- Injuries: Whiplash, strained muscles, tendons or ligaments, sprained joints (hip, knees, shoulders, ankle, elbow, wrists) prolapsed/slipped discs
- Post joint replacement surgery: knees and hips
- Weight gain/loss: obesity and anorexia
- Arthritis: Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Digestive Disorders: Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, acid reflux, indigestion, constipation and diarrhea.
- Other Chronic Conditions/Dis-eases: Allergies, asthma, cancer recover/remission, carpel tunnel syndrome, chronic fatigue syndrome, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, diabetes, fibromyalgia, hormonal imbalances, hypo/hypertension, hypo/hyper thyroid, incontinence, insomnia, stroke recovery etc.
- Movement disorders: Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease etc
- Women’s Health: PMS, Menstrual irregularities, pregnancy, infertility, menopause
- Emotional Health: Chronic anxiety, depression, stress, healing from grief or loss and trauma.
Who might benefit from Yoga Therapy?
All who wish to heal their body-mind on deeper levels of wellbeing. The heart of Yoga Therapy is adapting classical Yoga Practices to suit an individual’s wellness goals. We use many props including chairs to adapt the posture to the client needs. This is a healing modality that honours all beings individual complex needs.
This free Yoga Therapy Practicum offering requires a commitment from the participants and that commitment is ~
- Full Attendance please.
- if there is one class that you need to miss this is ok
- A self-assessment intake form, which will be outlined for you and completed prior to the first class.
- Arriving 10 minutes prior to the class beginning please.
- Honouring the privacy of all participants in this group yoga therapy practicum.
- Permission to use your personal health information, intake form and weekly assessments for my practicum case documentation reports. All of which will be held in confidence between my teachers and myself.
- Truly immerse yourself into this process as a gift to yourself and receive the healing benefits whole-heartedly.
Registration is now open and will be accepted on a first come first serve basis. Registration will close Sunday September 10, 2017.
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. Thank you very much!
Karen Petersen Sainas